WS&S

Wargames, Soldiers & Strategy

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Blucher Action and Some Terrain

After a little diversion in to WW II last week, I opted for a game of Blucher to finish off my weekend. What a great battle it was too. I wont say who won or go in to too much detail regarding the fight, suffice to say I changed it up a little and had a blast.

This weeks battle was a blast. Frst time I actually used the cards with my miniatures. I liked it a lot



I have always preferred playing out scenarios as opposed to a set-piece battle using army lists and a points system. Don't get me wrong, I do actually love points systems and all. However, the challenge of coming up with something a tad bit more interesting, filled with backstory, is what really keeps the game aspect of the hobby alive for me. So, with this game I chose to play a slightly modified version of scenario 10 from the classic Charles Grant book, Scenarios for All Ages. There really wasn't much to modify however, outside of some adjustments for the Blucher rules and the Nashville Battle Mat by Cigar Box. A small affair of only 10 non-artillery units per side, it played very well. I will however, save the rest of the tale for the BatRep posted later this week on my YouTube channel, A Dash of Elan. Be sure to check it out :)

The Russians advance to deploy in front of the French guns.

Another things I did different in this battle was making use of the Blucher army cards. Now that was different I must say. To be honest, I really liked it too. In fact, I am contemplating making large movement trays specifically for use with the rules. I have always considered this option and I think I am now at the point to doing it. Of course these will be trays, so my existing models will all fit on them in all sorts of configurations. I have some ideas and will keep you all informed as to what I come up with.

The French cannon open up! Note the use of the Blucher cards.

Some small 10mm scale trees on the agenda this week.

In other news, I started working on some 10mm scale trees. My current collection is all scaled to 15mm and look rather big all around. Some smaller trees will be a nice add and fill in my forests more appropriately.

With my Blucher BatRep all wrapped up for the week, I am now looking for my next little project. Not sure what game is next, Perhaps some ancients? We shall see. I really am trying to keep the gaming going and adding more BatReps to my channel. So we shall see what I come up with before the end of the week nears. A few things are on my mind.

Ok folks, I will talk to you all again soon.

Until next time,

~K




No comments:

Post a Comment